July 08, 2011

To Love!

Wherever you may find yourself.

For the better (or worse) part of the year, I was a hot mess! That's not to say that I'm not anymore but at least I've identified why. It was mainly due to one person, a man (for lack of a better word). A man who strung me along at will, mainly because I let him. Even through crocodile tears, I was faced with the truth. It's sad just how much we can fool ourselves without having anything to work with, on. The only person we are hurting is ourselves. We lose our legitimate hopes, dreams - a part of us that no one should have dominion over but ourselves.

I learned a lot about myself though. It would hurt even more if I hadn't. I promise not to compromise myself to someone who does things that contradict everything I believe in - knowingly. For someone to say and do things that contradict themselves and then turn around and critique the lives of others is inexcusable. Yet, there is someone who is watching everything. I am not going to be held accountable for his actions. What I did was enough.

Someone once told me, "si te revuelcas con los puercos, te vas a enlodar." It doesn't translate all that well from Spanish to English but it's a more colorful version of "if you lie with dogs, you'll get fleas." I love you for being supportive of me but there's no point in damning someone when they are doing such a fine job of that all by themselves. Instead you should pray for them. I know from personal experience the power of prayer. Can you imagine being the type of person that takes the most sacred of words and uses them to manipulate others? Everything is a game to them. This person is screaming for help.

I want to have peace and that is what I shall have again.


No comments: