March 24, 2011

Sex

I have been privy to many (too many really) conversations on sex. It is something I do not quite understand and completely put off by it by the end of the conversation. To some, it is a means to an end. It is power. I hang my head in such disgust.

For me, sex is the ultimate form of communication with someone whom I deeply love - no manipulation involved or needed. The ultimate form of acceptance. Unfortunately, these ideas are not universal. With that in mind ...

I have opted to not have sex for Lent. Pipe down! It is not like I was actively involved with someone. I just think back to those conversations and folks who have shared their experiences with me. I want to keep my ideals. Perhaps there will be a day in which I find myself in the company of others who share in those ideals - hopefully, in the company of my one and only.

... not too much to ask for, right? You would be surprised.

No comments: